- Duncan Dickinson (DD)
- Vicki Picasso (VP)
- Simon Pockley (SP) (absent)
- Greg Pendlebury (GP)
- Norm Lawler (NL)
Project Manager report
- Community Day:
- Seemed to be well received
- VP: Can QCIF announce support details via ANDS Partners/General lists & ReDBox for those that didn't attend
- VP: How do groups look to fund development work? Will support engagement start first?
- Work towards support contracts over the coming months.
- Groups wishing to engage QCIF to develop features would fall under a project contract. People may go with other groups (e.g. VeRSI).
- QCIF need to determine model for projects, contracts and consortia.
- VP: A core set of functionality could be determined and funded by a consortia. Could this be funded through funds directed back via ANDS?
- 1.5 release planning
- Group needs to discuss how to proceed with the 1.5 release
- GP: Fortnightly development presentation to highlight changes
- VP: Need to work with those institutions that have implemented
- Discussion regarding community-based development
- Need to set terms of reference
- Members of a user reference group need to be active contributors.
- VP: Need to consider release cycle and institutional ability to install and test
- DD: Extend 1.5 for testing and feedback
- GP: Release as a release candidate
- NL: Leave at 1.5 with extra time for testing and bug fixes. Need to set release due date, pref by end of May.
- VP: Authentication plugin (e.g. LDAP) is likely to be a common feature
- DD: Can we release as a plug-in?
- GP: Yes, release as a plug-in
- VP: Will look at a URG around 1.5 and plug-ins.
- DD: RC 1.5 in April for testing over April/May.
- Align announcement with URG model
Lead Developer report
University of Newcastle report
- 1.4 UAT has been occurring
- Prepared and delivered ReDBox workshop to community
- Working with the Newcastle Data Capture project
Flinders University report