- Duncan Dickinson (DD)
- Vicki Picasso (VP)
- Nick Nicholas (NN)
- Greg Pendlebury (GP)
- Norm Lawler (NL)
Review of last meeting's minutes and action items
- eResearch Australasia (general):
- Duncan met with a number of people regarding ReDBox and support options
- Information about those receiving ANDS' metadata store funding became more widely known
- There is confusion about ReDBox/Vivo/Tardis/etc options - clarity may be needed
- eResearch Australasia (ReDBox Workshops):
- Thank you to Vicki, Kai, Peter, Greg and Dave for running a very well-received set of workshops
- We had a good range of attendees
Project Manager report
- eResearch 2011 is over but we're expecting a number of enquiries to start coming through post-conference and on the back of ANDS Metadata Store funding
- The website was updated for a cleaner look and to provide easier access to the documentation.
- The documentation has been expanded
- Duncan to work with Norm to produce support options through QCIF
Lead Developer report
- v1.3 will be released tomorrow (15th November).
- Outline 1.4 planning and timelines:
- Focus of v1.4 will be in backend and optimisations.
- This week and next will be focused on documenting intended scope of works.
- December will be spend on development for a New Year's release.
University of Newcastle report
- v1.3 Upgrade work continuing. David's focus this week is on upgrading UoN Handle server(s).
- Metadata stores funding letter has been received by Office of Research.
- Internal UoN discussions now taking place regarding this.
- DD would like a copy of the Metadata Store funding requirements (if possible) => NN has sent this through via email.
- Metadata stores funding progressing quicky:
- 22 Institutions received a letter: 10 responses to date, 4
acknowledgements of receipt; the others will be sent a reminder letter
- Well developed solutions with core deliverables covered are being asked to address desirables.
- Technical product decisions expected in first few months of project (~ April 2012).
- ANDS is providing documentation on scope and deliverables, as well as project templates.
- One deliverable is to encourage implementations to migrate to NLA for Party records.
- It was discussed that staff changes at NLA make it difficult to pin down who to talk to, and each implementer approaching NLA independently may generate confusion/annoyance for NLA staff.
- NN proposed to organise some dialog involved both NLA and ANDS via teleconference.
- GP will email NN some discussion points with any concerns from ReDBox side of things.
- NL is working with Rob Cook to continue work on support contract offerings, particularly in response to feedback from discussions at eResearch Australasia.
- NL currently working on the support contract to UoN for DH's time now that ERA is over.
- No issues or action items, although some discussion over traffic on mailing list and possible outcomes of ERA.
- DD/GP to ensure that VP has access to create new feature requests in Pivotal Tracker.
- GP to email NN information on Party integration with NLA.
- NN to organise dialog with NLA.