|Interested parties|| |
|Primary contact|| |
|Release planned?|| |
| Action items|
Allow an existing ReDBox record to be cloned. This primarily assists in 2 use cases:
- Easy creation of a similar record based on a different data set (e.g. "Sensor Readings 2010" and "
Sensor Readings 2011") that requires only minor edits to the metadata
- Easy creation of metadata to describe a new version of the underlying data.
- Relationship with DOI and correct tracking of data versions:
- A published dataset shouldn't be changed.
- Any changes to the data should be provided as a new version, with a new DOI
- Data signatures/checksums could help track/alert changes made to the underlying data. See also Reporting and statistics feature
- The data storage system should create a read-only copy of the data